Inside, Virtual, Digital Sales
E-commerce sales in Singapore are expected to grow to US$10 billion (S$13.4 billion) by the end of 2026. Data science platform market is expected to witness a Compound Annual Growth Rate of 39.3% during the forecast period, to reach $1,95,677.5 million by 2023. With the rise of virtual sales, sellers are faced with increased demand to work and engage with clients virtually. As a result, there is a need in rapid adoption of virtual sales, inside sales skills and competencies, sales and marketing automation and adoption of digital sales operations.
There is a demand for sales professional experts in many industries, fields and requirements. Virtual sales or inside sales refers to the management of orders made online by consumers and businesses. Digital sales encompass the adoption and transformation of traditional sales processes and automation to improve sellers’ sales efficiency and productivity.
The emerging roles in Inside, Virtual and Digital Sales require skillsets in order to step into new sales careers.
How does e2i support Individuals and Businesses in the Inside, Virtual, Digital Sales Industry?
In partnership with APACSMA (Asia Pacific Sales & Marketing Academy), the following Career Conversion Programmes (CCPs) are developed to address emerging roles in Inside, Virtual, Digital Sales:
- Source new sales opportunities through inbound lead follow-up, outbound cold calls and emails
- Close sales and achieve quarterly quotas
- Maintain and expand database of prospects within assigned territory
The average salary range for Inside Sales Representative is $3,500 to $8,500 per month in Singapore, depending on the complexity of industry, solutions and market.
Advancement takes place in the form of an assignment to a larger account or territory or to account management. Those who have good sales records and leadership abilities may advance to higher level positions, such as team leader, sales manager, inside sales manager or sales supervisor.
- Expansion of accounts in assigned territory regionally or globally
- Increase revenue through new business development, cross-sell and up-sell with existing clients
- Negotiate contracts and close agreements
- Ensure timely and successful delivery and adoption of solutions according to customer needs and objectives
The average salary for Account Executive is $4,000 to $10,000 per month in Singapore depending on the industry, complexity of solutions, markets, clients, account revenue size and role complexity.
Effective account executives may advance on to an account manager and then to a director position, which involves overseeing several account managers, solutions and markets. From there, some become a director of account services—a high-level role overseeing an organization’s entire account management department.
- Trial conversions, customer on-boarding, implementation, increase adoption and retention
- Breakdown technical complexity into simplified business understanding
- Forecast and achieve annual revenue goals and customer retention targets
The average salary for Customer Success (CS) Representative is $3,500 to $10,000 per month in Singapore depending on the complexity of solutions and industries.
The most traditional career path for CS over time is into people management. Moving to be a team lead, then a manager, a director and eventually to a VP of Customer Success is the most logical career path.
- Business and technical requirement gathering
- Simplify complex models, conduct demos, present proof-of-concepts, value, process and conceptual flow of technical and business integration presentations to business and technical stakeholders
- Support to sales and customer success, work with multiple internal and external stakeholders for technical implementation and adoption of solutions by clients
The average salary for Pre-Sales / Solution Engineers [SE] is $4,000 to $17,000 per month in Singapore.
A job as Solution Engineer is a great chance for people to shift to a management-oriented career path and to learn how to manage a team of people. Besides acquiring management skills, SEs also have the option to acquire other skills, including client liaison, consulting and leadership.
- Gathering market intelligence and customer intelligence through research and profiling
- Expand company’s business reach into new markets, channels
- Nurture and develop relationships, lead generation and qualification, building a pipeline of highly qualified leads to meetings with sales and partners
The average salary for Business Development is $2,500 to $12,000 per month in Singapore depending on the seniority and the complexity of the solutions, markets and industries.
The business development career path begins with a Business Development Representative position. This is an entry-level position. The next stage is the Business Development Manager who is responsible for leading a team of Business Development Representatives and owning the beginning of the sales process that involves demand and lead generation and qualification.
At the senior level, there are multiple possible titles. Some future positions include VP of Business Development or Director of Business Development.
- Achieving growth and hitting sales targets by successfully managing the sales team
- Designing and implementing a strategic sales plan that expands company’s customer base and ensure its strong presence
- Managing recruiting, objectives setting, coaching and performance monitoring of sales representatives
The average salary for Sales Manager is $5,000 to $15,000 per month in Singapore depending on the seniority and the complexity of the solutions, markets and industries.
After working for a few years as a Sales Manager, the position will move up into another sales leadership role. The next position is usually Sales Director, then VP Sales, then Chief Revenue Officer, and finally CEO or COO.